Archery- the art of propelling arrows from a bow- has existed since ancient times. Whether it’s hunting or warfare, archery had always taken the spotlight. But today, archery is not an essential skill but a passionate sport. It has vigorously evolved over time and the market is now flooded with all sorts of archery equipment and distinguished techniques. Now the question is how to select the best compound bow?
Now if you have a passion for archery, then you need to get started with a bow that’s actually going to deliver the real results! And that should be the best compound bow brands!
The Best Compound Bows
For those of you who live for the joy of archery, compound bows are a real treat! These beauties use a system of pulleys and cams to fully draw heavyweights- a talent that was once only possible by muscular men!
Young and professional archers alike are highly attracted to these bows because of their power and super high velocity. It is especially liked and used by the bowhunters who are always looking for good prey.
If you are an archer who wants to have a go at compound bows then you need to know which bows will be better suited for you. And luckily this article is covering the best compound bow, best affordable compound bow, and best budget compound bow in the market!
Best Compound Bow 2021
1. Hoyt Archery Carbon RX-4 Alpha
Hoyt Archery launched the Alpha series of most enduring compound bows and if you want to invest in the superior quality compound bow that features breakthrough technology then Hoyt’s Carbon RX-4 Alpha is worth the considerable amount of money. Carbon RX-4 is equipped with the third generation of ZTR cam series that offers a harder back wall for a rock-solid anchor point for the smoothest shot. Furthermore, the phenomenal bow incorporates carbon risers that are specifically engineered to enhance ultimate accuracy and muffled shots plus this incredible carbon riser is extremely lightweight is known for optimized stiffness and vibration control.
This sensational model enables the bowhunter to shoot at a speed of 342 FPS, featuring 29.5 inches of axle-to-axle length with a total weight of only 3.9 pounds. RX-4 tenders various options of draw weights ranging from 30 pounds to 80 pounds, there is no doubt that Carbon RX-4 can be regarded as a marvel in the archery world that is integrated with most advanced technologies such as Stealthshot technology, TEC risers, Shock pod vibration damping system and last but not least Hoyt Carbon technology entitles it as the best compound bow. Though, from the perspective of professional shooters, this technological marvel is worth a tidy sum of money.
- Integrate mounting system allowing Integrate compatible rests to be clamped directly to the machine.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Stealth shot technology to reduce noise and vibration
- Adjustable grip system
- The bow contains a roller cable guard for reduced friction and a smoother draw cycle.
- RX-4 is incorporated with fuse custom strings to prevent stretching of strings.
- This bow comes at a hefty amount of money
2. Mathew’s VXR Compound bow
VXR series of Mathews is the flagship range and the best part about this bow is that you can get it customized as per your requirements such as you can select the desired design of riser and limbs, Mathews allows you to acquire custom damping option to mollify the shots, the start your build option provides you an opportunity to select required cables and strings and on top of that now you can also control the specifications of your bow according to your preference. Thus, VXR is considered as one best compound bow since Mathews permits you to build your own customized VXR bow, it deserves to be on top of the list in terms of value.
VXR features an extended bridged riser that exhibits that stability is the key to accuracy, the riser is designed with the strategic approach to minimize the total weight and optimize the length and durability. Weighing only 4.44 pounds VXR enables you to shoot at an average speed of 344 FPS, plus it offers various draw-weights ranging from 60 to 75 pounds with 5-pound increments. The revolutionary cam system allows you to regulate draw length and adjust draw weight with a simple change of a mod. Mathew’s VXR includes “Engaged Grip” that ensures stability by reducing torque and provides consistent hand placement which leads to increased accuracy. VXR comes with a “Silent Connect System” that allows prompt and noiseless attachment of bow rope and sling on the field. SCS can be installed in 2020 VXR since it has been designed to be compatible with the effective noise cancellation system in this regard it includes two threaded attachment points between the limbs.
- VXR can be custom made as per your requirement’s
- The switch-weight modules add accuracy and maximum efficiency
- The model includes a 3D damping system to cut noise and vibration
- It provides a comfortable grip for all level of shooters
- The extraordinary speed of 344 fps.
- In monetary terms, this bow is recognized as one of the expensive compound bows.
- Its weight can still pose an issue among beginner level archers.
3. Elite Archery Kure
Kure by Elite Archery is a front-runner compound bow among professional shooters due to integrated break-through technology, exquisite features, and the fact of being the fastest-to-tune bow available in the market. Let’s confer phenomenal features of this technological marvel, Kure offers the speed of 335 FPS as the integrated Tri-Track Cam System controls the smooth draw cycle and shoots your bolt at the highest velocity. The axle-to-axle length of the model is 32 inches plus it enables you to adjust the draw length between 23-30 inches as per your command. Elite’s Kure weighs 4.6 pounds with an extensive range of draw weights for enhanced accuracy, starting from 30 pounds, and by means of 5-pound increments the draw force could reach up to 70 pounds.
Kure holds the title of the world’s most shootable bow on the basis of its ergonomic design, it has been engineered to provide a narrower grip that rests perfectly in the shooter’s hand. The remarkable model incorporates bullet-proof limbs that absolutely elevate the bow standard and quality plus the bow engineers kept the challenge of string vibration and noisy shots in mind while designing this marvel so Kure comes with ViveX Blocks, these dampeners are specifically installed in the bow to reduce dynamic vibration. However, Elite has been successful in introducing caged risers in the market for the very first time, certainly, this unique feature deserves to be acclaimed in the archery world. The incredible technological advancements have created a hallmark of quality and shoot ability so this model has an edge to be included in the list of the best compound bow of 2020.
- Dual riser cages provide rigidity and stability while balancing while taking a shot.
- Elite grip ensures a comfortable and natural feel throughout the draw cycle.
- An effective sound cancellation system guarantees a quiet and smooth shot.
- Simplified Exact Tuning technology allows micro-adjustments
- The ambidextrous feature makes it versatile
- Fallacious advertisement of draw length settings
- Unaffordable for many shooters
- Exaggerated IBO speed
4. SAS Siege 55lb- 29” Best Compound Bow
Southland Archery Supply brings you Seige! A compound bow with a guarantee and reliability offering you a spectacular archery time. It has a 40 to 55lb draw weight and 29” draw length with 70% let off. This traditional looking yet modern compound bow is highly recommended for adults.
- Simple and elegant design
- Comes with Paper Target
- Compressed ABS Limbs for long life
- Three-year warranty from SAS
- Consistent drawing
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Good for bow fishing and small Hunting
- Highly powerful
- Cheap accessories
- Hard to pull because of large draw weight
- Not recommended for beginners
- Lack of details in manual
- Makes a little sound
- Hand shock
- Right-handed only
5. Genesis Original Best Compound Bow
Genesis Original bow is your official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) and there is a reason for it! It is an excellent best compound bow for any age group with a draw weight of 10-20lbs and a wide range of draw lengths between 15-30”. Whether it’s your little girl or your grandma, this bow will not disappoint you!
- Made in the USA with 6061-T6 aluminum riser, aluminum cam and idler wheel, and strong composite limbs
- Single-cam technology with no tuning requirements
- Powerful and accurate shooting
- Easy draw/pull for any age group
- Excellent target practice bow for competitions
- Less recoil and noise
- Comes in attractive colors for girls and boys!
- Connection points for other accessories are available on the riser
- Reasonable price for good quality especially for beginners
- Replacement accessories are overpriced
- Poor quality strings
- Rails are not deep enough to prevent strings from snapping
- Confusion in ordering the correct left-handed/ right-handed bow for your shooting hand
- The heavy metallic body of solid Aluminium
- Not recommended for smaller kids due to weight
- Not recommended for long hunting
- Lacks let off
6. Barnett Vortex Youth Compound Bow
Vortex brings you youth’s best affordable compound bow with a draw weight 0f 19 to 45lbs and draw length of 21 to 27”. This bow is exclusive for tweens and teens to improve their shooting skills and comes in Mossy Oak Break-Up Country Camo.
- Strong and durable limbs
- Youth Archery Bow Package includes a sight, arrow rest, 3 arrows, and a quiver
- Constructed to ATA/AMO Standards
- Right Handed Bow Only
- The easily adjustable draw length of a wide range
- Consistent finger shot model
- Nock point can be added to increase accuracy
- Riser comes with pre-drilled holes for additional accessories
- Good for small hunting and bow fishing only
- Recommended for young archers (tweens and teens!)
- Poor quality, thin, Aluminium arrows
- String and cables need to be waxed before use
- Low-quality arrow rest
- A case is required for protection from extreme temperature and humidity
- The sharp grip may need to be padded or taped
- D-loop not recommended because of average quality string
- Creates noise at factory setting
We have a separate article for this specialist compound bow list. For details regarding this section, you can check our best compound bow for the money article.
Best Affordable Compound Bow
How many times, have you hear people leaving behind their hobbies just because they find it difficult to afford something that belongs to the top-notch category?
There are those who are interested in getting into bow hunting or compound bow shooting. But when they see some price tags, they drop the idea altogether. The best affordable compound bow that even suits their requirements are described below.
1. Southland Archery Supply, SAS Outrage
If you are planning to start hunting, SAS can be one of the best choices as it is in our list of the best affordable compound bow. Manufacturer of bows located in California, America. They produce bows in Autumn Camo Green and Black colors. It has a max speed of 270 fps.
- The bow has a quality of dual-cam technology, which is designed to optimize speed and eliminate kick after the shot.
- It is a medium-length bow that measures 35 inches from axle to axle and weighing only 4.4 pounds. The Rage is a lightweight bow that is easy to maneuver.
- The riser of the SAS Rage is engineered from heavy-duty aluminum, which has a high strength to weight ratio. The aluminum is capable of withstanding heavy pressure.
- The SAS Rage has a molded plastic grip that is remarkably large. Apart from being non-slip and strong, the grip is also weatherproof and ideal for cold weather shooting.
- The limbs of the SAS Rage are made of compressed ABS material, which is not a high-end composite material, but it is well-made. Compressed ABS is not a bad option for the limbs since it is durable. The center of the split limbs has been removed, making them lighter. However, you have to be careful with the split limb design, since it is susceptible to twisting.
- It weighs 4.4 pounds which makes it fairly heavy that can be tiring when sighting or hunting with it, although a fair price to pay for money.
2. Bear Archery Salute ready to hunt by Bear Archery:
Bear Archery is a manufacturer and marketer of bows and archery equipment located in Gainesville, Florida owned by Escalade Sports. The Bear Salute is a beginner’s bow. It is designed with new shooters in mind and will be a great option for those just starting out in the archery world without having to spend a thousand dollars before adding accessories. This Salute bow also has the ability to be used by a teenager still growing into adulthood.
- Due dual cam system bow offers a super smooth draw cycle while keeping speed and efficiency and becomes a highlighted name in the list of the best affordable compound bow.
- While pulling back, the top and bottom do not hit at the same time.
- The strings are to be adjusted with a bow press. Also, there is a need to flip the sight and adjust that multiple times.
- The bow has a little vibration, and it only shoots 300 feet per second.
3. Bear Archery Pledge Compound Bow also Bear Archery
The Bear Archery Pledge is the best affordable compound bow, that is proof that attitude is everything. The added Peep Sight and Nock Loop ensure you have everything you need to get out and start hunting.
- This is a very healthy number for any compound bow. Having higher or lower speed can depend on your bow’s settings and the arrows you use.
- It is designed to muffle the noise of an arrow sliding across your bow.
- Pledge couples with a 3-pin sight, you are able to mark your targets at different ranges and grants you a consistent position for aiming every shot.
- Cheap string
- Whisker biscuit too thick (reduce speed)
- The grip is small/uncomfortable
- No quiver
4. RAPTOR Compound Hunting Bow Kit by PREDATOR ARCHERY
If you are a beginner archer and you don’t know what you should purchase as your first bow, this kit answers all your questions. It comes with everything that’s needed to increase your precision, and it also caters to your comfort. It can be used for hunting, bow fishing, target practice and more!
This bow can be adjusted for almost any size person in a matter of minutes without the need for a bow press!
- Right-hand only
5. Diamond Archery Infinite Edge Pro Package by Diamond Archery
And finally, a stabilizer for perfect balance, making the Infinite Edge Pro ready for anything. All these features in this price brought it under the category of the best affordable compound bow.
- It needs to be tuned. The draw weight will most likely need to be adjusted, you’ll probably need to re-set the peep sight, and you’re going to spend a lot of time adjusting the three-pin sight.
Mostly those people prefer cheap rate bows, who want to get experience with new bows or as a beginner, they don’t want to spend a large amount. But here, we focused on both customers who want the value of their money or who want the best compound bow on a budget.
Many women require smaller bows that accommodate their physique and stature. For many years being a male-centric sport, manufacturers catered accordingly. However many women archers are now taking up archery and bowhunting more and more. Now manufacturers are building custom-designed bows that have propelled women to the highest competitions.
The best bows for women are compound bows. The mechanical components of this bow enable women to shoot the same distance at the same speed as men without compromising their accuracy. Click the link below for our list of the best womens compound bows.
To start your archery/hunting profession, a solid bow is most important. Especially, a growing hunter must start their practice with the best youth compound bow. But it’s quite daunting to find the best long-lasting and easy-to-use bows.
A perfect bow for youth is that which performs hunting operations perfectly, should be adjustable and carriable. Besides that, its brace height, bow’s package, and prices also matter. After reviewing the best compound bows for youngsters, we become enabled to show you some top-rated and great performance-based bows.
There is no doubt that we have multitudes of amazingly built and highly powerful, accurate, reliable, and durable best compound bow brands in the market. The major thing that influences our decision during buying is the “money” we have and secondly the “purpose” of our purchase.
If you are a beginner at archery with a low budget, then I recommend that you start with simpler compound bows. All these compound bows have their own pros and cons. But the thing is that at an extremely affordable price, a little compromise on the quality is a must. Be sure to have it tuned by a professional at first. Even if you have to spend a little on the upgrades, it is still a great deal because even after that the total cost is far less than the overly priced compound bows of bigger brands. Always be sure that you are buying the correct bow with draw weight and draw length that’s suitable for you. You can buy add-ons of your choice to serve your purpose whether it’s target practice or hunting or even a competition.
For all the beginners looking for the best compound bow out there, whether you are a child, a tween, a teen, or an adult, don’t let anything hold you back from pursuing your passion in archery. It is an excellent sport that- in time and with a few experiments- will prove to be your pride and joy! You can also visit our articles on the best compound bow for the money, best compound bow under 500, best compound bow for hunting, best compound bow for beginners, and the best womens compound bow.