Excessively overpriced crossbows are never considered as the top-rated archer’s choice weapons in the bowhunting world. Crossbows of high quality must incorporate versatile traits to accommodate all skill levels, from beginners to professionals plus the weapon must be engineered to enhance extensive practicality and performance leading to keen quotation analysis to ensure smart investment. Hence, crossbows that include all imperative features and can be acquired at affordable prices are the best-sellers of the market.
Certain factors should be taken into consideration before designating a bow as the best in class such traits are: noise, the total weight of the bow, IBO speed, safety mechanisms, cocking system, scope, quality of material, and warranty. Additional features would add value to the weapon when you are bearing the budget in mind, it automatically becomes more difficult to choose as you have to compromise on certain aspects. Here, we have shortlisted the best crossbow under 300 to help you select your bow according to your resources.
Best Crossbow under 300 to Buy in 2021
1. CenterPoint Tormentor Whisper 380 Camo
The nominal price tag of Tormentor Whisper would give an impression to be low-grade hunting equipment but on the contrary CenterPoint Volt, 300 has a remarkable build as its design involves an aluminum riser and top-quality material to ensure durability that is undoubtedly one of the best crossbows under 300. The bow has been designed to exhibit flexibility and prevent muscular strain since the limbs are made up of compressed fiberglass to ensure resilience. If you intend to hit the target with maximum velocity, Tormentor Whisper is the perfect weapon for you that allows you to shoot the arrow at 370 feet per second slaying the target in a flash, manufacturers who launch models with such elevated speeds claim a tremendous amount to render a model like Tormentor.
The model is quite slender, it features 14-inch axle-to-axle length while cocked, with a draw weight of 185 pounds that magnifies accurate shots with complete energy transfer. Tormentor is equipped with an anti-dry fire trigger safety mechanism that prevents accidental fires and keeps you away from mishaps. Furthermore, manufacturers named this model Whisper for a reason, the model has an integrated whisper silencing system that consists of two string dampeners equipped with silencers plus two limb stoppers to ensure muffled shots.
- The model is manufactured with premium quality archery paraphernalia such as an aluminum riser and super comfortable padded rubber grips.
- Silent and quiet just like its name due to the superb sound cancellation system
- It comes with all required accessories such as scope, quiver, and arrows
- It allows you to shoot the bolt at splendid cut-throat speed.
- An incredibly affordable price tag that makes it accessible for every possible budget.
- Relatively heavier than other models with similar design and build
2. Barnett Whitetail Hunter II Crossbow
Whitetail hunter by Barnett clearly proved that it tops our list and its sleek and compact design escalates its utility among all age groups and skill levels. The bow is engineered to minimize the total weight by decreasing the overall size and shrinking the build of the model. The lightweight and sleek model enables you to shoot the target with an average speed of 350 feet per second while configuring the draw weight of 150 pounds you can hit the target with perfect accuracy. However, the most laudable feature of Recruit is its lightweight design, the model weighs only 6.4 pounds which is quite light as compared to other available models.
With the 16-inch axle-to-axle length, it offers an extremely comfortable grip. Whitetail hunter features the latest elite technology that is often found in relatively expensive models but Barnett managed to incorporate frictionless release technology used named TriggerTech in Whitetail hunter that comes at a very reasonable price.
- It comes with a three-pound trigger with zero creeps to facilitate trigger control
- Effective safety systems such as nock sensors and anti-dry fire trigger prevent accidents
- It also features an anti-vibration foot stirrup to reduce noise and vibrations
- 9 pounds of kinetic energy is transferred to the bolt
- An inexpensive option with all essential features
- Quality of scope is not up to the mark
3. CenterPoint Sniper 370 Crossbow Package
CenterPoint launched an extremely resilient and durable model named “Sniper” that undeniably did justice to its name by demonstrating enhanced accuracy and persistent construction. This model doesn’t fail to impress bow analysts and professional shooters. As a matter of fact, engineers kept affordability in mind while designing the model but never compromised on quality. Sniper by CenterPoint includes a CNC-machined cam system that allows you to hurl the bolt at a rapid-fire pace with maximum speeds of 370 feet per second. For a well-equipped crossbow like Sniper, weighing 7.9 pounds is considered a bonus point as it would be much easier to carry around.
All the equipment employed in Sniper exhibit superior quality to upgrade the standard of build and design, you will find an aluminum riser, carbon bolts, a rope cocker to reduce strain and quad limbs. These features play a vital role in the bow’s performance and precision, Sniper 370 fires an arrow-like greased lightning and the drawing load of 185 pounds contributes to faster shots with full energy. Moreover, the model features an 18-inch axle to axle width that makes it extremely portable plus like all other top-quality crossbows Sniper comes with dual safety mechanisms such as anti-dry fire, and auto-safety trigger features to eliminate the risk of unintentional shots.
- It comes with noise suppressing stops
- Super-fast and accurate
- It comes with industry-leading equipment that makes it a reasonable investment
- Sniper 370 is powerful and lightweight at the same time
- The package includes all necessary accessories such as a quiver, a scope, three bolts, and a rope cocker.
- The assemblage of the bow is time-consuming and complex.
4. Barnett Jackal Crossbow
Jackal is the product of Barnett, one of the most renowned bow manufacturers that engineered a complete package that can be used right out of the box. The package includes a quiver, bolts, and a red dot sight. Barnett incorporated a military-inspired design with added stability and durability due to its quad-style limbs. Jackal weighs 7.7 pounds that make it extremely portable plus the enhanced utility of this model for all age groups due to the accessible 12-inch power stroke and a 3.5-pound crisp trigger definitely improves the shooting experience.
Jackal is equipped with quad limbs, energy-efficient cams, and cable systems that allow you to shoot with an average speed of 315 feet per second. The remarkable speed can be achieved with the draw weight of 150 pounds and 95 FP of kinetic energy, with this configuration you can take down any target with a single shot. Jackal is sturdy and accurate with an ergonomic design and reasonable price range this bow is the best choice for shooters who intend to polish their archery skills.
- Extremely durable and ergonomic.
- Powerful and fast at the same time.
- One of the top quality crossbow under $300
- It comes with a dry fire prevention safety
- It doesn’t come with an effective soundproofing system
- Lacks the latest technology
5. Bear Archery Karnage Apocalypse Crossbow
Bear Archery is the pioneer of manufacturing the most durable, top-of-the-line archery products, similarly, Karnage Apocalypse by Bear Archery resonates with power and axiom. The incredible bow is one of the best crossbows under $300 and it’s surprising how Bear Archery managed to produce such a high-end bow on such a reasonable budget.
Karnage is built to be short and compact when cocked the axle-to-axle length is 14 inches for enhanced maneuverability plus the model is extremely lightweight if we compare this crossbow with other high-grade models Karnage beats all others in business in terms of portability and ergonomic design. It weighs only 5 pounds and you can take a powerful shot with a drawing load of 175 pounds. Karnage projects the bolt with the incredible speed of 370 feet per second plus kinetic energy release is equivalent to 121.5-foot-pounds. On top of that its 13-inch power stoke ensures a powerful and accurate strike with all its might.
- It comes with four arrow quivers and three professional bolts.
- Durable and high-end material is employed to construct this model.
- Powerful and fast shots are achieved with perfect accuracy.
- Extremely adjustable and ergonomic.
- Experts enlist Karnage as the best crossbow.
- The scope has a minor alignment issue; it has been reported that it’s difficult to adjust the scope that comes in the package.
Tracking bows of a high standard at affordable cost is a challenging task itself, in this article best crossbow under $300 is reviewed for you to select your bow according to your requirements. Once you acquire the right type of crossbow as per your demands then the performance and accuracy of the bow would depend upon how you maintain your weapon by employing good quality carbon arrows, calibrate your scope properly. Make sure that your crossbow is cocked properly plus few drops of lubricant to crossbow wheels and axles would keep the weapon in good condition.