If you are an elk hunter, you will know it’s not just your skills that aid your hunting experience but your physical comfort plays an equal role. Navigating long distances is a task in itself and rough and rocky terrain adds fuel to fire. Hence, nasty foot cramps, sore feet, bothersome blisters, and brutally cold feet are some common problems that affect hunting performance. For this reason, you need hunting boots that are comfortable, cozy, have good ventilation and provide the right amount of insulation. Following are a few best elk hunting boots that can make your hunting experience memorable.
Best Elk Hunting Boots 2021
1. Irish Setter Men’s 882 Elk Tracker Hunting Boot
Irish Setter is one of the most reputable manufacturers that design hunting boots that are durable and comfortable. Being an elk hunter, you need hard boots, and these best elk hunting boots are made of pure leather from Red Wing. These large 12” hunting boots are strong, have perfectly designed cleats, and are made of pure leather which is a perfect pick for elk hunters.
It has a nylon lining that has good absorbing properties and a Goodyear leather welt that makes the boots strong and durable. The durability of the boots is not just because of pure leather, but also because it is made of high-quality materials. These boots have an EVA footbed that has special cushioning properties, Gore-tex waterproof fabric lining, and 600 grams of Thinsulate insulation. These properties make it suitable for hunters to go for long hunting trips in different weather and rough and bumpy terrains.
Irish Setter Men’s 882 Elk Hunting boots are made up of high-quality materials, hence they are resistant to damage, even when exposed to high temperatures. They also keep your feet warm and comfortable.
The only drawback of this product is that it is not budget-friendly. So if you are not a frequent elk hunter then these boots might not be the best choice for you. In that case, you’d rather prefer an affordable pair of hunting boots. However, if your main intention is to buy a pair of boots that give you the best performance, then these boots are designed for you.
Why Irish Setter Men’s 882 Elk Hunting Boots?
- They are large and heavy boots designed for long hours of hunting journeys.
- They provide incomparable resistance to both wet and cold environments.
- They are comfortable and provide adequate ankle support.
- They are made from high-quality material, and it is resilient.
2. Rocky Men’s Bearclaw 3D LTT Hunting Boots
Rocky is one of the oldest brands that design comfortable footwear. These boots are a top pick for elk hunting as they are fully made of leather and they have a strong sole. One of the main reasons that these boots are highly rated, is that they are extremely durable. They protect and provide adequate support to your feet. They are also designed in such a way that they promote circulation and ventilation. No hunter would like to deal with sweaty feet while being out for hunting. This is why Rocky provides Thinsulate insulation with an exclusive footbed that aids air circulation inside the boots. The best thing about Rocky boots is that it has a unique “3D” outsole, the protruding cleats. These cleats make it easier to climb through almost all kinds of terrains, particularly the hilltop terrains.
Why Rocky Men’s Bearclaw 3D LTT Hunting Boots?
- Made up of leather which makes it strong and durable.
- Provide adequate insulation and has waterproof capabilities.
- Have a strong but soft footbed, which makes it comfortable to wear, without compromising ventilation.
- The strong 3D rubber sole provides stability during movements in the wild.
- Comes in two colors, brown and black.
3. Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Big Game Hunting Boots
The Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Big Game Hunting Boots are also from Red Wing and are best suitable for hunters who hunt elks for a long time or are mostly exposed to rough hunting environments. The most impressive feature of this elk hunting boot is that it has the most durable and jagged outsole. The cleats on the soles are multi-directional and have a steel shank that collectively provides superior grip and stability.
One of the distinctive features of these boots is that it has a special ScentBan technology that kills bacteria and eradicates odor. So now, the hunters do not have to worry about their foot sweat and the resulting odors.
It further has a 1000g Thinsulate and Gore-tex lining that provides insulation and has waterproofing capabilities. This means that these boots are perfect for cold or wet environments as they will keep your feet warm and dry.
The drawback of these boots is that they are very heavy and not so budget-friendly. So if you are a newbie, or you don’t hunt elks frequently, then you’d like to consider a less heavy-duty pair of boots.
Why Irish Setter Men’s 860 Elk Big Game Hunting Boots?
- They are designed for cold, wet, and high-altitude regions.
- They have integrated a unique ScentBan technology that reduces nasty foot odors.
- Provide insulation with 1000g Thinsulate.
- A perfect pick for skilled elk hunters.
- The rugged outsoles are made from carbon rubber, which provides superior balance.
4. Danner Men’s Pronghorn Gore-Tex Hunting Boots
Danner is a famous brand that almost all hunters would know about. Danner 8” Pronghorn Gore-Tex Hunting Boots are constructed from CamoHide leather and are integrated with Terra Force technology, making it one of the sturdiest elk hunting boots.
These boots have a sturdy heel-cap and a toe-cap which are both made from full-grain leather, and a strong outsole that is constructed using a long-wearing rubber compound.
These best elk hunting boots are lightweight, despite being strong and well-built. These boots have a Gore-Tex lining that is breathable and water-resistant, and an Ortholite footbed that makes sure that your feet remain dry and clean for as long as you are wearing it.
Danner has constructed these amazing hunting boots that can be worn for a long time because they are breathable and lightweight. Moreover, they are comfortable on all terrains and are aesthetically designed so enhances your style.
Why Danner Men’s Pronghorn Gore-Tex Hunting Boots?
- Heel and toe caps are fully made of leather.
- Rugged construction provides stability on all terrains.
- Terra Force technology makes it one of the sturdiest elk hunting boots.
- The outsole is made of rubber compounds that increase resilience.
- Comes in two variations, Realtree Xtra green and brown.
- Fits perfectly because of its expanded toe box.
5. Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hunting Boots
Kenetrek’s high-top boots have a variety of features that will attract all hunters that spend most of their time hiking on trails and are suffering from foot pain. The long length of these boots provides greater protection to the feet.
These Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hunting Boots are made from high-quality leather that is long-wearing, and the midsole is built from sturdy nylon. Their K-train outsoles provide traction on rough and bumpy terrains as well, ensuring that your feet stay comfortable and protected on the trails.
Apart from long length, high-quality leather, nylon midsole, and K-train outsoles, these boots also provide reliable insulation. The insulation is provided by Windtex membrane which is breathable as well as waterproof, and 400GM of Thinsulate that doesn’t let your feet get sweaty and icky in these boots.
The list of its features doesn’t end here! The most amazing feature is yet to be mentioned. These hunting boots are very lightweight and they weigh only 7 pounds! They might not be very affordable but the price is worth it. These boots are highly recommended for hunters who mostly hike in mountains.
Why Kenetrek Men’s Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hunting Boots?
- High top provides greater protection
- Windtex membrane and 400GM Thinsulate insulation keep your feet dry and comfortable.
- Built from leather and has a sturdy nylon midsole.
- The outsole provides greater traction on any kind of terrain.
- Has a toe guard that provides greater protection.
- Weighs only 7 pounds.
6. Lacrosse Men’s Windrose 1000G Waterproof Hunting Boots
Lacrosse hunting boots are uniquely built and have a distinctive design. It is made up of a durable leather upper and RealTree fabric upper. These boots are particularly designed to perfectly fit on your feet, making you feel comfortable on trails.
The best hunting boots are those that have moisture-wicking properties, making it easier for hunters to hunt even in moist terrains. To achieve this, these boots have a Dry-Core lining that makes it moisture resistant and extra breathable.
There is another version of these boots that are suitable for cold weather. They have Thinsulate ultra insulation that keeps your feet warm in any kind of terrains.
These boots are hunters favorite because of their extremely comfortable fit. This comfortability is achieved by EVA midsole and PU footbed that cushions and supports your feet while you hunt. They are so comfortable that you might even forget that you are wearing hunting boots.
Moreover, the lugs on the soles of the boots deserve a mention. These lugs are multi-directional and non-loading. This increases the overall surface area of the boots, providing extra stability on all types of terrains.
Why Lacrosse Men’s Windrose 1000G Waterproof Hunting Boots?
- They are made of high-quality leather.
- Have a Dry-Core lining that makes it fully waterproof.
- Have Thinsulate Ultra insulation that keeps your feet warm in all conditions.
- EVA midsole and PU footbed make it super comfortable.
7. Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8” 1200 G Gore-Tex Hunting Boots
As mentioned above, Danner is a well-known brand and these Pronghorn 8” Hunting Boots are highly rated. These best elk hunting boots are durable, functional, and are aesthetically attractive so they are recommended for the most serious elk hunters.
These boots are built from CamoHide leather using TerraForce technology. They are lightweight and have rugged looks but still provide unfailing stability. The heel cap and toe caps are made of leather which makes these boots resistant. Thus, Danner’s Pronghorn 8” 1200 G Gore-Tex Hunting Boots will be your best companion on all terrains.
Moreover, the Thinsulate insulation with the Gore-Tex lining helps your feet stay warm and odor-less in all weather. The only drawback of this pair of boots is that they are expensive. So if you are on a budget, then you will need to consider other hunting boots mentioned.
Why Danner Men’s Pronghorn 8” 1200 G Gore-Tex Hunting Boots?
- The midsole has EVA cushioning and shock absorption capabilities.
- The Gore-Tex lining makes the boots breathable and moisture resistant.
- Provides great stability because of its Terra Force technology.
- Ortholite footbed makes the boots comfortable.
8. Lacrosse Men’s Rubber Boot Hunting Shoes
These boots are perfect for hunters who usually hunt in wetlands. They are made of high-quality rubber laid on a neoprene core which makes it a perfect fit for serious hunters.
Elk hunters mostly hike on bumpy, rough terrains so they fear to slip and fall, or after a long hunting day, all they want is to rest their feet. Both of these can be achieved with these best elk hunting boots as their body is made of rubber which is smooth, and the outsole is sturdy which features balanced cleats in a special tread pattern that help you navigate over any terrain.
The rubber body of the boots has three rubber layers in its heels and toes, and another two layers in the instep. It also has an embossed liner that promotes air circulation.
Why Lacrosse Men’s Rubber Boot Hunting Shoes?
- Have an adjustable gusset in the back of the boot that helps it to fit perfectly.
- Have three layers of rubber in the toes and heels.
- Comfortable as they have EVA midsole that gives a cushioning effect.
- Legs stay protected because of long shafts.
- Comes in Realtree Xtra, Realtree Edge, Optifade Marsh, and Optimal Elevated.
9. Under Armour Men’s SF Bozeman 2.0 Hiking Boots
Under Armour is a popular brand that has been manufacturing shoes for a very long time. Over these years, they have perfected their art of constructing durable, efficient casual, and outdoor footwear. Although these boots are not particularly designed for hunting, they can be used for this purpose because of their strength.
Bozeman 2.0 Hiking Boots are made from the finest, high-quality leather and has a nubuck and textile upper that makes sure that you don’t trammel on your adventures. These boots have an EVA midsole that cushions your feet, making it more comfortable to wear.
There are a few features that are exclusively present in Under Armour products. These include a Storm waterproof membrane, Scent Control lining, and an Ortholite sock liner. The Storm waterproof membrane makes it water-resistant without compromising its breathability. The Scent Control lining and Ortholite sock liner make sure that your feet remain odor-less and they don’t stink.
Why Under Armour Men’s SF Bozeman 2.0 Hiking Boots?
- Textile and Nubuck upper makes the boots lightweight.
- Scent Control lining keeps your feet fresh.
- Storm waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry by making the boots water-resistant.
- Comes in different colors that make the boots appealing to hunters.
- Has EVA midsoles that cushion your feet and keep them comfortable.
10. Keen Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
Keen footwear is not a very popular brand but their hiking boots have great waterproof capabilities. Even though it is not a very well-known brand, their boots offer great performance, with your comfort being its top priority which makes it a perfect hiking boot.
Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking boots have a mid-cut height that provides ample support to your ankle, without making the boots heavy. Their outsoles have 4mm lugs that are designed to provide superior traction, so you’ll never lose your balance with these boots no matter what kind of terrain you are hiking on.
Another plus point is that these hunting boots have a breathable membrane integrated into it, which keeps your feet dry and comfortable for as long as you are wearing it. The leather lining present in these boots adds to its breathability.
To provide further comfortability, these boots have an ESS shank that provides torsional stability, and a padded tongue and collar that ensures that your feet fit perfectly in these boots.
The only thing that is compromised in these boots is its quality, particularly the quality of the heel of the shoe. The manufacturers probably compromised the quality to keep the shoes lightweight, so to avoid major consequences, it is better to avoid these boots on rough terrains.
Why Keen Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots?
- The heels are extra secure and durable which is comfortable for long-distance walking.
- Have an ESS shank that supports your feet on uneven terrain.
- Provides superior comfort.
- The 4mm lugs on the outsoles provide superior traction, hence maintains balance.
11. Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots
Salomon Quest Hiking boots are well known for their amazing grip, traction, and comfortability. Also, these boots are an update from an older release and updates never disappoint you.
These best elk hunting boots are made from textile/Nubuck leather and they provide remarkable performance and comfortability. Although they are lightweight, they do not compromise on the support they provide to your heels and arches.
These hiking boots have similar features to running shoes hence they provide great stability. They also have high-top cuffs that further protect your feet and provide comfortability.
These boots are aesthetically perfect and they fit your camouflage needs as they come in three different colors, iguana green, black, and fossil. Moreover, they are 100% waterproof, hence they keep your feet warm and dry in all environmental conditions. They also have a kick-rim feature and are easy to remove.
The drawbacks of these boots are that they are not budget-friendly.
Why Salomon Men’s Quest 4D 2 GTX Hiking Boots?
- Lightweight, but are still durable.
- Have strong protective rubber toe caps.
- Have dynamic cushioning so enhances foot protection and comfortability.
- Have an ergonomic tongue which provides extra comfort.
12. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
These best elk hunting boots are fully made from mesh and suede leather, and so are a favorite pair of many skilled hikers. They have a synthetic sole and molded nylon arch shank that further improves the comfortability of these boots.
These hiking boots have Vibram TCG outsoles that are made from vulcanized rubber, with 5mm lugs that maintains traction and stability. They also have a patented Merrell air cushion in the heels that further increases stability and helps to absorb shock.
The midsole of these Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots is made from EVA which provides great comfortability and stability. This pair of boots are functionally lightweight and hence can be your best companion on hunting trips.
They also provide great insulation so if you hike in cold weather or high altitudes, then this pair of boots are designed for you. But if you hike in hot weather, then these might not be the best pair as they sometimes heat up quickly. However, they have a mesh lining that is breathable which makes them comfortable to wear in moderately warm temperatures.
Unfortunately, there are a few concerns about its stitching that makes it less suitable to hike on rocky terrains.
Why Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots?
- Vibram TCG outsoles make it durable.
- Comes in different colors.
- Suitable for cold weather due to its high insulating properties.
- Provide ample ankle support.
Elk hunting is no longer going to be onerous with these best elk hunting boots. You can choose a pair of boots that best suit your hunting needs. We hope these reviews help you easily choose the best elk hunting boots. Here’s you can also check our articles on the best hunting boots for cold weather, best elk hunting bows, and best hunting boots for mountains.