Elk hunting is much more daunting but super exciting compared to normal hunting. One of the largest breeds in the deer family, an elk’s huge frame and mass make it a difficult kill. A bowhunter with quality equipment will increase the chances of success when trying to bring down beast. As the options available are so many, it is natural to get confused while choosing the best bow for elk hunting.
The requirements are different for beginners and professional hunters but there are a few things such as quality, speed, and accuracy that every hunter needs! Do visit our buyer’s guide section for details. Confidence in your own equipment is a top priority. Pre-hunt and planning consideration includes narrowing down the highest quality elk hunting bows. This article is written to provide you with the guidance required before making a valuable purchase. Check out our top 5 below.
Best Elk Hunting Bows 2022
Due to our vast experience in elk bow hunting, we were able to speak to a variety of bowhunters with different levels of experience. Therefore, all these products are amazing and it can be a tough call to select one from the list provided! So make sure that you study each of them well before shortlisting the final one!
1. Topoint Trigon Compound Bow Full Package
Topoint Trigon Compound Bow Full Package is a very useful product for elk hunting. This product is fully adjustable and can be termed as an ideal bow for the first elk hunting experience. If you are new to elk hunting and want to get a strong grip on hunting and polish your skills this is the ideal bow for you! It has a dual cam system that can be adjusted to draw lengths ranging from 19 to 30 inches. Furthermore, it has around 25lb of adjustment at every draw length setting.
Each of the full turn-on limbs bolts adds around 3 to 5 pounds to the draw weight. The total weight of this bow is 3.96 lb, its height is 7 inches and its speed (IBO) is 320 fps. This bow is perfect for both targets practicing as well as hunting. It also comes with a pre-installed D-loop. This loop guarantees an easy and fast arrow notch. The product includes cables, bowstring, sight, bow stabilizer, and other essential items as well.
- It is very lightweight.
- This bow has a perfect brace height of 7 inches.
- USA Gordon composites bow limbs
- You can adjust with the included Allen wrench. No need for a bow shop.
- Dual-adjustment cameras.
- High quality
- Needs some better in-depth instructions for assembly
2. Killer Instinct MSCKI-1104 Dead Silent Deer Hunting Crossbow
Killer Instinct MSCKI-1104 Dead Silent Deer Hunting Crossbow is a bow that does the job of improving the firing rate, striking power, and reload time of the elk hunters. This amazing bow gives you the edge you need to ensure that a tricky shot is done right! The total weight of this product is 12.6 Pounds. It has an aluminum frame along with an adjustable stock. This feature makes it easy to fit in any hand and also be comfortable in usage.
This elk hunter bow also comes with an adjustable IR scope. This IR scope is quite useful for long-range as well as low-light targeting. It also has a 5-bolt quiver along with 3 premium, reusable hyper carbon bolts which are quite necessary to ensure that the elk hunting goes right. Its rate of firing is 405 fps and strikes with a power of134 foot-pounds. It is a must-have elk hunting bow!
- It has an aluminum frame with an adjustable stock that has 6 positions.
- Its mechanism is deadly, smaller animals as well as the larger tough animals like an elk can easily be caught.
- It is high in both power and speed as it fires at the rate of 405 fps and generates power of 134-foot pounds upon hit.
- Comes with three premium hyper carbon cross bolts.
- Easy to assemble
- The adjustable stock takes a bit longer.
3. 2022 Compound Bow and Arrow for Adults and Teens
The last on our list is the 2022 Compound Bow and Arrow for Adults and Teens. This one is very accurate and consistent. It is easy to adjust and set as well. This product is suitable for beginners as well as professional hunters alike. It has several features and can be adjusted as per the requirements and the needs of the elk hunter. Its cams are also made up of 100% aluminum and have zero plastic in them which increases their lifetime.
The high quality of this product can be said to be its biggest advantage that too in quite an affordable price. This product is perfectly designed and suitable for both left and right-handed elk hunters. This best bow for elk hunting is also easy to tune that too without a bow press! It is also very compact and can easily be carried around.
- High quality
- High lifetime durability
- High-end strings
- Comes with all the required accessories
- Sights are not that great but do have a light for dusk
4. Tenpoint Viper S400 Hunting Crossbow Package
Tenpoint Viper S400 Hunting Crossbow Package is our next best bow for elk hunting on the list. This product is equipped with a Micro-Trac barrel, RangeMaster Pro Scope, and Tec-X stock. It also comes with a cocking as well as a decocking system. The product is of high quality, very fast, and is one of the most accurate bows for elk hunting. It has a speed of 400 FPS that helps in getting the elk easily!
This efficient elk hunting bow is the shortest forward draw hunting crossbow there is! Its total width is 7.2 inches and weighs 3.5 pounds. It has a two-stage bow with a zero creep S1 that helps in delivering a consistent and crispest break. It also has superior protection and has a great shooting range. This interesting and useful elk hunting bow is very easy to carry around and handle!
- High speed – 400 FPS
- Easy cocking process
- Safe to use
- This product has different arrow weights.
5. iGlow Black/Camouflage Camo Hunting Compound Bow
iGlow Black/Camouflage Camo Hunting Compound Bow is the next product on our list. It is the right bow for hunting professionals! It is also suitable for children above 12 years of age to practice their elk targets. It is light in weight, brings efficiency to the shooting, and has great speed. Its speed is 310 FPS. It comes with an optic bow sight, sight light, brush arrow rest, rubber stabilizer, a tube peep sight (1/8), and a D-loop string. This is one of the best elk hunting bows that cannot be missed!
The draw weight that is adjustable of this product is 40 – 70 lbs, while the speed that this amazing elk hunting bow offers is more than 310 FPS. This bow enables the hunters to target with precision and accuracy. Its frame is also quite durable as it is made up of aluminum and there won’t be a requirement of replacing the bow anytime soon!
- Lightweight- 7.4lb
- Provides a professional for their smart service.
- High speed of 310 FPS
- High in performance
- Accessories need to be purchased separately.
6. Diamond Archery Edge Sb-1
One of the best compound bows of all time, which is perfect for hunting animals like Elk. This ideal bow is the choice of both right and left-handed shooters. It works smoothly and accurately without creating any errors. Not only experts but also growing archers prefer it as they have been listening about other successful experiences with this bow. It’s made of high-quality aluminum.
- Bow Package includes 6 carbon arrows, a bow case, 5 quivers, D-Loop, and a stabilizer as well.
- The bow’s axle-to-axle length is about 32 inches.
- Its draw weight is between 7 to 70 lbs.
- Sb-1 draw length is between 15 to 31 inches.
- Its speed is about 318 fps.
- Bows provide high-performance results.
- It has a highly adjustable and comfortable draw.
- It has good arrow speed that makes it the best.
- It sounds a bit louder than other bows.
- It creates little vibration as well.
7. Bear Archery BR33
It’s another powerful tool for elk bowhunting that consists of brilliant features. It’s a prime choice for a huge number of hunters around the world. Its excellent performance attracts the viewer as well. The bow contains a single cam system that powerfully works. A user can make a grip comfortably and accurately. It doesn’t create a vibration on releasing the arrow. This best bow for elk hunting has high-quality limbs which reduce the noise during shooting. The reason for a lightweight is that it’s made of aluminum. Besides that, the bow also has a whisker biscuit and stabilizer, which improves its performance.
- It has a high speed, which is 330 fps.
- It has a draw length between 27 to 32 inches.
- Its adjustable draw length is between 45 to 60 pounds.
- Its draw length is about 32 inches.
- The shooter can make a strong grip on it.
- Due to having high speed, it hunts perfectly and quickly.
- Having extra accessories adds to its value.
- It works smoothly and reliably.
- Only suitable for right-handed shooters.
8. Diamond Infinite Edge Pro
It’s the most versatile tool for elk bow hunting which is the prime choice of millions of shooters/hunters. Not only seasonal hunters, but also professionals prefer it because of its high performance and quality accessories. The bow is made of aluminum, which is the reason for its durability. It has a high variety of limbs, which adds to its value.
This bow will be a wonderful choice for hunting elk or other animals.
- Let’s look at its rich features, which makes it the right choice.
- Bow’s draw length is between the range of 13-31 inches.
- Bow’s draw weight is between 50 to 70 pounds.
- It has a high speed of 310 feet per second.
- It is lighter in weight.
- The bow is available at affordable rates.
- It has a unique design and is made of solid material.
- It’s perfect for those who prefer customization.
- It has no pre-installed peep sight.
No matter whether the hunter has a short Hight or cannot bear a high-weighted bow, Bear Archery Cruzer meets such hunters’ needs successfully. It has comfortable and adjustable features which enable the hunter to make their hunting target successful.
- It has an ideal speed of 315 feet per second.
- Its draw weight is between the range of 5 to 70 lbs.
- It has an adjustable draw length, which is between 12 to 30 inches.
- It contains ready to hunt package which includes 4-pin sights, 5 quivers, a stabilizer, peep sight, D-loop, and Whisker Biscuit as well.
- It’s a lightweight and durable bow.
- It shows supreme performance.
- It creates less noise during shooting.
- It has no specific error.
This elk hunting bow is amazing; As a person who has never tried any bow, this bow makes the best option for them. While an expert or intermediate hunter can easily go with it as it’s a comfortable and versatile bow. It’s made of durable material and easily available in the market at economical rates. It adds incredible speed to your shoot, which is why it is considered the best bow for elk hunting.
- Bow’s draw lengths ranging between 15″-30″
- Light draw weight comes standard at 20 lbs and can be safely lowered to 10 lbs
- Available for both right and left-handed.
- A lightweight bow.
- The bow is constructed with high-quality material.
- It’s easy to adjust the draw weight.
- The bow has no arrow rest and this thing can be of concern for prolonged use.
The editor`s choice for the best bow for elk hunting is the Topoint Trigon Compound Bow Full Package! This is so as it has several advantages, it is light in weight, easy to carry around, has several nice design options to choose from, and is high in speed. It is also made up of high-quality material that won’t need early replacements. So, what are you waiting for? Go and grab your pick from our list and go for a nice day of elk hunting!
Best Compound Bow for Elk Hunting 2022
As compare to normal hunting, elk hunting is quite daunting. A normal bow cannot bear the pressure and you will lose the target. To make the right choice for elk hunting, you need to consider pre-parameters. In this article, we will help you get the right bow to make your elk hunting objective successful. In the online market, you can see a vast range of bows of different companies. But it’s confusing to make the decision and find out the perfect solution.
After reviewing top brands’ bows and their top products, we became enable to identify the right elk hunting bow. Let us have a look at the top-ranked best compound bow for elk hunting.
1. SereneLife Complete Compound Bow & Arrow Accessory Kit
SereneLife Compound Bow is another best bow for elk hunting. This one is very suitable for beginners. It hasn’t been in the market for a long time but has become quite popular already. It has a lot of flexibility and is very accurate and fast. It has several remarkable hunting features that every elk hunter looks for in a bow. Furthermore, there are plenty of accessories that come with this product and it is not very expensive either.
This wonderful elk hunting bow has a total weight of 3.91 Pounds and is perfect for right-handed elk hunters. It also has a good speed that is 320 fps. This product also ones with a warranty of one whole year, this is can be said to be a cherry on top for all the hunters who are willing to try out this amazing elk hunting bow!
- High speed
- High flexibility
- The quiver needs to be replaced.
2. Southland Archery Supply SAS Outrage Compound Bow
Are you looking for a wonderful bow under your limited budget? Well, no worries anymore. To explore your inner talent, you must go with this incredible compound bow. It gives any hunter way more than other comparative bows. This compound bow cost price is also low that you can easily afford.
Southland Archery Supply SAS Outrage contains ABS limbs that increase its life. The bow’s draw length is between 25 to 31 inches and weight 55 to 70 lbs. It can shoot at the speed of 270 FPS. This elk hunting bow package includes rich features such as 5-pin bow sight, peep sight, stabilizer, and arrow rest as well.
- It’s made of high-quality material
- Low cost
- May create a little issue in the quality of sight and arrow.
3. Predator Archery Raptor
If you are looking for a complete solution for your elk hunting, you should go with this wonderful kit. It meets all elk hunters’ needs gracefully and provides excellent results. As it contains all the necessary tools, so you further no need to buy anything extra as others do.
- The bow has an adjustable draw weight and length.
- It has pre-installed peep sight.
- Its draw length is between 24.5 to 31 inches and weighs 30 to 70 lbs.
- This compound bow axle to axle length is 30 inches.
- It can shoot at the speed of 315 FPS.
- It requires less strength to operate it.
- The bow is always ready to use.
- It has high-quality components.
- It may lose cable guard
4. Bear Archery Cruzer G2 Adult Compound Bow
This wonderful best compound bow for elk hunting was created to fulfill the needs of all shooters who want smooth and heavy hunting at the same time. Regardless of age or expertise, this crazy bow works accurately for all hunters.
- Its adjustable draw weight is between 5 to 70lbs and length 12 to 30 inches.
- It can shoot at a speed of 315 fps.
- Its versatile compound bows.
- It’s lightweight.
- It may require factory tuning over time.
It turns out that Elk hunting is not pretty easier than other hunting. In this section, we figure out the most popular and highly in-demand best compound bows for elk hunting. We will discuss the most relevant queries that hunters face while hunting larger animals like elk in the next Q&A section. Hopefully, this section will prove to be really helpful for beginners and experts as well.
When buying a bow for elk hunting, there are a few important features that need to be kept in mind. Some of the things to look into are the size of the bow, its draw weight, its color, its price, and its style along with its technical specifications. The most important features that one must look for in the best elk hunting bow are as follows:
It is important to pick the bow for elk hunting that is high in speed as it is not easy to hunt down an elk that moves quite fast. Make sure that you check the speed of the bow that you are going to buy.
The bow`s level of accuracy
High speed alone won’t do the deed. Hence, it is vital to know the level of accuracy of the bow that you are opting for! The higher the accuracy the better the chances of getting your target is.
If the weight of the bow is too much, the hunter will get tired earlier and the accuracy of the shot can also be affected. Therefore, one must opt for a light in weight bow to ensure the best results.
As elk hunting bows are not very cheap, no one wants to buy a bow that wouldn’t last long or would need replacement anytime soon. Therefore, it is always better to opt for bows that have less plastic and stronger materials such as aluminum in the frame. This increases its lifetime and durability. So it is important to know the material that the bow has been made up of to ensure that it has a greater lift time.
Kit accessories included
The last thing that needs to be looked into while purchasing the best bow for elk hunting is to check the kit accessories that come along with the bow. If there are major things that the kit does not include and needs to be brought separately, the price will go up. It is always recommended to opt for the bow that comes with all the basic and essential accessories as no one wants to spend extra money.
Tips for Elk Bow Hunting – FAQs
Q1: What is a good elk hunting bow?
The reality is that the best bow for elk hunting comes down to personal preference. The compound, traditional or recurve it doesn’t matter as long as it has decent power and is not too light. A bow of 60lbs, even up to 70lbs, is approximately the correct weight required. The best possible advice is to build up strength and stamina so you can go in drawing the heaviest weight you can cope with without sacrificing the accuracy or comfortability of your shot.
Q2: What equipment do I need for elk bow hunting?
- Know exactly what bow and arrow are best to bag an elk for the area you’re hunting. The success or the failure of this hunt should not depend on the individual to shoot accurately. Research what equipment to take with you. It’s important to know how the best hunting bow of all time will perform at different distances and conditions. Go to a range, try all options, and build your confidence. Improve handling. Consider shooting the bow on the move when shooting, it will mimic a real-life hunt as much as possible.
- Be prepared for unpredictable weather changes when hunting in the mountains. During elk hunting, it’s very possible for the weather to change within a few minutes so proper clothing must be considered. It can be sunny and warm one minute with just a T-shirt on, then all of a sudden temperatures can drop with snow and rain pouring down. The wind can bring the chill factor into sub-zero temperatures. So make sure you have clothing to keep warm otherwise you will retreat from the battleground.
- Footwear is important and is an important element for elk bowhunting. This task comprises climbing up mountains, climbing down mountains, walking on rugged mountains, and often hiking many miles each day. This footwear will also be essential for the grip required when holding the bow. Elk hunting requires dedicated time so comfortable and reliable footwear is critical for the experience.
- Make sure you have good scope. Having a great scope that doesn’t blur when moving quickly takes the guesswork out of the shot. Make sure it is adjustable to changing light conditions.
- Wear the correct type of camouflage that makes you blend in according to the terrain. This can be difficult with elk hunting as the weather can change bright and sunny to grey and wet but the default dull green, grey and black clothes combination will suit all conditions. Feel like you blend into the background.
Q3: How far can you shoot an elk with a bow?
Whether you are a newbie in hunting or an experienced person, but unable to hunt elk accurately. Then, our guide will help you a lot to fix your steps things. Well, it actually depends on the hunter’s ability and honing that how much he/she take interest in it. An archer hunting skill is like an equation it means you need to maintain a balance in your hunting. As a result, you will see how smoothly your hunting time was. Such as, if you first shoot from a long distance and gradually you come closer and shoot continuously but remain fails. It means you are focusing on distance only instead of considering other factors like bow weight, length, kinetic energy, and others as well.
If you want to be a better hunter, do follow some tactics while hunting large animals. A maximum of 40-yard distance from the target can be standard, then there will be an 80% chance of stalking your target. In case, you are having an incredible extra fast speed-based compound bow, you can accurately shoot the target from a 30-yard distance as well. On the other hand, if you are shooting with long-range, then positioning, adjustment, highly calibrated bows, and sleek matter a lot. If the weather is airy, there might be chances of losing the target. So, you need to consider these all elk bow hunting tips to shoot your target successfully.
Q4: Is 250 FPS enough to kill a deer?
Speed varies over factors that play a vital role during hunting such as bows draw weight, length, capacity, and other external factors like distance, and balance in other things. So many people ask this query that how much energy is needed to put a large animal ethically and efficiently on the ground? This is quite a complicated question but over time so many experts get to know the secret as well. If you have a question like is 250 FPS enough to kill a deer? It’s also correct but you need to meet some conditions as well. It’s somehow considered low speed but if are targeting from 40 yards then it will work smoothly. For this, you must have a well-managed bow with arrows and some practice as well.
Other hand, your bows’ draw weight, and length must be relative ideal to the target deer. It’s not the standard that you must meet you can adjust some on your observation as well. Get the elk hunting bow that is highly recommended and fully follow the technique of shooting with the bow having 250 FPS. Then there is no chance of losing your target.
Q5: What is a good broadhead for elk?
To adopt novelty is much better than to remain with old ones and face issues. Like other factors, broadhead also plays a much supportive role in elk hunting. While going hunting, you must consider that you are having the perfect head arrows. Suppose you are having everything perfect and only your arrowhead is not good, you can surely be lost your target. How you can get to know, what is the best broadhead for elk hunting? After putting a deep eye on the bows and arrows market, we came to know that there are multiple sound brands that help you in getting the perfect broadhead. A fixed blade broadhead for elk hunting proves to be an incredible one. It gives the hunter better penetration and enables them to efficiently target larger animals like elk.
Then next comes the replaceable blades. Replaceable Broadhead for Elk Hunting It’s common among elk hunters because they often require it. As elk hunting is tough and can destroy your arrowhead at any time. But branded and most used broadheads are durable and easily available, which you can get to enjoy your heavy hunting. Mechanical Broadhead, can be expanded according to need. It is full of brilliant features and proves very useful especially in elk hunting. Usually, it doesn’t come with kits, you have to buy it separately. It gives the hunter much more satisfaction than other broadhead arrows.
Q6: How do you find elk during the archery season?
As temperatures are at their peak early in the elk hunting season you are much more likely to find many elks. Walking through the different ranges, high and low, there is a good chance for many encounters so ‘finding’ is unlikely to be a problem. Looking for a food source for the elk is important.
A herd of elk requires an enormous supply of vegetative nutrition to keep healthy. Grazing from forbs, shrubs, and other woody plants throughout the winter months, the goal is to discover what elk are feeding on and to try and predict where they will be eating next.
Have a good binocular to see any patterns of grazing so you can see where the herd is heading. Try and pre-plan your camping spot ahead of time and don’t make a base too comfortable as you may need to be on the move. Mark out all potential water sources, wallows, and important Intel on your map. Use the internet to seek knowledge of the best elk hunting boots, best elk hunting states, and best elk hunting binoculars as well as the best bow for elk hunting or the best compound bow for elk hunting.